- Presentations and Events
- Press Releases
- Media Resources
- SEC Filings
- Statistics and Reconciliations
- Annual Reports and Proxy Materials
- Corporate Governance
- Stock Information
- Contact Us
- Notice of Deceptive Activity Relating to GC Resources, LLC
EOG’s Commitment to Our Communities
Favoring a decentralized business model, EOG’s U.S. operations are divided into eight areas. The company believes this organizational approach, where employees live and work in the same communities where it
has operations, provides a positive and direct benefit for local communities. Employees and contractors directly support regional economies by purchasing local goods and services and paying local taxes. EOG employees also take pride in making a positive difference in the lives of those around them and in their own communities.
Respect for the Community
EOG strives to protect human rights, respect native lands and culture and honor the cultural, social and religious beliefs and traditions of others. The company recognizes and works to comply with local, tribal, state and federal laws that apply to its operations.
EOG employees actively collaborate with civic leaders, elected officials and citizen groups, while looking for opportunities to strengthen the communities where the company is active. Through these activities, EOG supports infrastructure and service projects to improve the lives of local citizens.
For example, EOG has
- donated road base materials to counties in the Eagle Ford region;
- funded equipment purchases and training for multiple volunteer fire departments;
- constructed a training pad and provided water tanks for a new fire department training facility; and
- provided financial support for roadside trash pickup programs through a variety of industry initiatives in various counties in which EOG operates.
In addition, EOG supports Taking Care of Texas, a collaborative partnership between natural resource users and conservation experts that is a catalyst for “can-do” conservation to sustain Texas’s working lands, water supplies and wildlife.
EOG partners with local school districts, colleges and universities to fund scholarships, training and education initiatives to enhance employment opportunities for community residents.
- In Karnes County in the heart of the Eagle Ford Shale, EOG sponsored a STEM summer camp for fourth through eighth graders focusing on science, technology, engineering and math.
- In San Antonio, EOG supports Reasoning Minds, a math educational program, and also works with the Independent Petroleum Association of America to provide summer extern programs for high school students interested in engineering.
- EOG also generously supports Teach For America, a national organization committed to equality in educational opportunities that recruits talented individuals to become teachers in low-income communities.
EOG’s positive economic benefit to the communities in which it operates is exemplified by an award presented to the company in 2012 by the Chippewa County Economic Development Corporation. EOG was named the Chippewa Business of the Year in recognition of the start-up and successful operation of the company’s sand processing plant, which brought numerous new jobs to the area and bolstered the county’s tax base.
Employee donations to charitable organizations are matched by EOG as part of the company’s matching gifts program. To encourage employees to be generous, EOG matches their donations, dollar for dollar, up to $75,000 per employee, per calendar year.
EOG employees annually raise money for a wide range of national and local events, including the March of Dimes Walk America, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Alzheimer’s Memory Walk, American Cancer Society Relay for Life, American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, SIRE therapeutic horsemanship ride-a-thons, American Lung Association Lung Force Walk, MS150 bike rides and Make-A-Wish Foundation events as well as area United Way campaigns.
The United Way of Smith County (Texas) has honored EOG’s Tyler (TX) office with its Top Fundraising Award. In addition, EOG’s Oklahoma City office is perennially a top fundraiser for the American Heart Association’s annual Oklahoma City Heart Walk.
At EOG, the spirit of giving is matched by a tradition of participation. Employees in every EOG location generously donate their time to a wide range of charitable and community organizations and causes. Engrained in the company culture, volunteerism is also encouraged, and employees enjoy the opportunity to work together on different community projects. Employees help others not because of a feeling of obligation but because of a desire to make a difference in their quality of life.
EOG employees can also be found taking community leadership roles. They talk with school children about the oil and gas industry, donate used computers to local classrooms, support rodeos, local youth centers, local museums and the arts and serve on school boards and in numerous other volunteer roles. Employees also seek ways to lend a helping hand to people in various stages of their lives from pre-school children to the elderly.
In 2014, EOG’s Trinidad office volunteers were recognized with an award from Habitat for Humanity for their continuous support in eradicating poverty and homelessness since 2009. And in 2015, EOG’s Oklahoma City office was awarded a Beacon Award by The Journal Record of Oklahoma City in recognition of the philanthropic efforts of EOG’s Oklahoma City employees in support of the American Heart Association and heart health.Top of Page